These days total hip replacement surgery is one of the well-tested operations and most reliable orthopedic surgery for the patients of osteoarthritis. The surgery increases the physical function of the patient as well as reduces the pain of the arthritis in patients.
Patients suffering from osteoarthritis usually become disabled and have to suffer severe arthritis pain. Once, they undergo hip replacement surgery, they gain greater amount of physical function. It also decreases disability within one year of the operation according to medical study result.
Benefits from Total Hip Replacement
The good thing about total hip replacement is that age is not a factor in quick recovery. Even someone in their 80s or 90s can undergo hip replacement surgery with ease just as the patients of 60s or even younger.
- Hip replacement operation improves the quality of life. With greater mobility patients can do work which they could not able to do before this operation.
- Patients gain equal benefits in recovery and rehab program as compare to younger people.
- Total hip replacement surgery is cost effective. Patients do not have to spend as much as other orthopedic surgeries cost.
- According to various medical surveys, every year more than 285,000 hip replacements are performed in the US.
- Hip replacement operation have high rate of success rates and patient satisfaction.
According to Duke University researchers, the hip replacement is a suitable option for the elderly patients who are medically fit for the surgery. Even though there are many complications, many elderly individuals choose to undergo this operation due to its high success rate.
The period of recovery is quite long but the pain of the operation eases within the first ten days after the hip replacement procedure. The hip movement slowly increases that has been stiff due to long time arthritis, and the patient can enjoy the movements which were not possible before the this artificial hip replacement procedure.
Thus, we can conclude that there are major hip replacement benefits as it improves the mobility, freedom from dependence, involvement of arthritis patients in enjoyable activities such as golf, walking, etc. It also improves the quality of life of most people who were suffering from hip arthritis.
Click here for more information about Hip Replacement in Raleigh NC.